Hourly Rate: $16.25 per hour; non-exempt classification
Work Schedule: Up to 20 hours per week as developed with the Operations Coordinator.
Training Period: Two months with the possibility of extension.
Under the supervision of the Operations Coordinator, the Operations Assistant is responsible for the general upkeep, repair, and maintenance of the University Student Union facility.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform basic tasks in the field of cleaning, sanitizing, disinfecting, and maintaining the building.
• Basic knowledge of methods, materials and equipment used in custodial work.
• Ability to perform work involving regular physical activity.
• Maintain equipment and supplies in proper working condition.
• Operate and care for custodial equipment and supplies applicable for the position.
• Daily emptying of trash receptacles, sweeping, dust mopping, vacuuming, spot cleaning.
• Cleaning restrooms, floors, walls windows, mirrors, restock supplies.
• Assist in moving, arranging and setting up furniture and equipment.
• Scrub, wax floors, steam clean, wash carpets in office and/or public spaces.
• Wash windows, dust and polish furniture and wood work.
• Perform non-techincal repairs and maintenance.
• Reports any unusual occurrences to supervisors.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
- Willingness to work with an ethnically diverse and culturally pluralistic student body and staff;
- Ability to lift a minimum of 70 pounds;
- Proven organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills;
- Knowledge in proper use, care, operation, and safety procedures of power hand tools, saws, grinders, drills, etc.;
- Mechanical aptitude and background in at least one of the maintenance fields;
- Computer experience preferred.