CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, LOS ANGELES
Accounting Technician (equivalent to Accounting Technician I)
Work week class: Non-exempt Work schedule: 5/40 hours to be arranged
Mandated reporter: Limited reporter Weekends/evenings: May be required
Annual rate: $49,920
Under the general supervision of the Associate Executive Director, Director of Financial Services, the Accounting Technician I provides technical support to the University-Student Union (U-SU). The Accounting Technician I is responsible for front desk coordination, receiving and disbursing U-SU/student club funds and recording financial transactions (e.g., accounts payable and student club funds). Assists with day-to-day operations of the U-SU Business Office. Normally receives detailed instructions and follows standard procedures. The incumbent may resolve minor problems independently and addresses larger problems with supervisor. The Accounting Technician will provide effective customer service as the front-line representative of the administration team.
Responsible To: Associate Executive Director, Director of Financial Services
– Willingness to work with an ethnically diverse and culturally pluralistic student body and staff required.
– Strong organizational and coordination abilities required.
– Entry level knowledge of and skill in accounts payable required.
– Ability to achieve assignments within deadlines required.
– Effective customer service, oral, and written communication skills required.
– Ability to review financial documents for accuracy, completeness, validity, and adherence to standards required.
– Ability to handle confidential departmental, student, clubs and organizations, and U-SU information in a professional manner required.
– Ability to interpret and apply written rules and regulations required.
– Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff required.
– Ability to learn and utilize a variety of software applications required.
– Completion of four-year college degree in accounting, finance, general business or related field preferred.
– Minimum one year of experience working in a related field preferred.
– Entry level knowledge of and skill accounts receivable and payroll preferred.
– Coordinates front desk operations.
– Interprets and applies Student Organization Funds Administration Policy with student clubs.
– Verifies student club cash deposit/receipt, U-SU daily cash receipts, analyze discrepancies, propose solutions to Associate Executive Director.
– Reviews and verifies student organizations check requisitions and purchase order requests.
– Prepares bank deposits and deposit transmittals for vault operations and delivers them to the university’s cashier and University Controller’s Office.
– Generates accounts receivable invoices for student organizations.
– Provides account statement for student organization account holders per requests and interprets financial data.
– Provides data for audits as necessary.
– Assists with U-SU payroll and accounts payable processing as needed.
– Other duties as assigned.
Closing Date: The review of applications will begin on April 11, 2023 and continue until the position is filled.
Click here for a link to the application: https://www.calstatelausu.org/usuforms/u-su/ProfessionalEmployment.pdf
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily for an employment offer to remain valid. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current U-SU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.